1.3.17

6 Reasons Why Leia is the Best Princess

Ah, the lovely Princess Organza, played by the late Carrie Fisher, has got to be my favorite fictional princess.

Ever.

She sarcastic and witty and brave and fearless. Full of comebacks, never a shirker of battles, and always ready to take care of those under her care.

A general, a princess, and one strong with the force, you have to admit she's one of the best.

Plus she's with Han Solo, so I mean, that automatically bumps her status up. ;)

Here's six reasons why I think Leia is the best princess.





1. She's no damsel in distress

"Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?" Is her first response when Luke walks in. This nonchalant attitude says it all, and then she has to go and grab a blaster and start shooting. "Some rescue this is."





2. She has the best insults and comebacks

"Why, you stuck up... half-witted... scruffy-looking... Nerf-herder!" (And the infamous, "Who's scruffy looking?!")

"I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?"

"Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly boy."

"Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" (To which Han mutters: "No reward is worth THIS." XD)

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Han Solo: I'm trying to be helpful. Leia: When did that ever help? And don't say the Death Star. 

(And can we all take a moment to appreciate Han's face here? Thank you.)





3. She's lovely and sweet

The picture says it all, people. The picture says it all. 






4. She doesn't know when she's in love

I'm not sure why I like this about her so much, but I really do. The scene when she's following him when he's trying to leave is one of my favorites. 

Princess Leia: Han, we need you. 
Han Solo: We need? 
Princess Leia: Yes. 
Han Solo: Well, what about YOU need? 
Princess Leia: I need? I don't know what you are talking about. 
Han Solo: You probably don't. 
Princess Leia: And what precisely am I supposed to know? 
Han Solo: Come on you want me to stay because of the way you feel about me. 
Princess Leia: Yes, you're great help to us you're a natural leader. 
Han Solo: No! That's not it. Come on. 
[a rebel worker goes inbetween them] 
Han Solo: A-ha! Come on! 
Princess Leia: You're imagining things. 
Han Solo: Am I? Then why are you following me afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss? 
Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee. 
Han Solo: I could arrange that! 
[Han walks away] 
Han Solo: You could use a good kiss! 




5. She can take care of business

Han Solo need to be saved? Frozen in carbonite and locked up in Jaba the Hutt's palace? Leia for the job. I mean c'mon people she disguises herself and saves him from a HUTT. That's a big deal. 

She sure knows how to kick butt. *fangirl eyes*





6. Han Solo is her guy

Anyone who's with Han Solo is amazing. And their little couple speech???  OH MY FREAKING GOSH YES. 

I love you. 

I know. 

Like what is that oh my heart. Excuse me while my heart breaks.


Do you love Leia?
What are your favorite Leia quotes?



4 comments:

  1. OF COURSE I LOVE LEIA. How can you not love Leia. She's amazing and I agree with you 100000000% :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS! OMG I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOUR BLOG OOVER THIS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ERMAHGERSH haha thanks XD You'll find much nerdity here. ;D

      Delete

Oh hi! Want to leave a comment do you? Delightful! *pats you on head* Please do, my dumpling, please do.